Bluebird

Bluebird

The Gathering Storm (Wheel of Time, Book 12)

The Gathering Storm - Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson I started the Wheel of Time series nearly 20 years ago, enjoyed most books until about book 7 or 8—when the already slow moving series seemed to slow to a snail’s pace. I stopped reading after book 10. Now that the series is complete, I decided to give it another go. I started at the beginning and have been reading the series all the way through via audiobooks, with Michael Kramer and Kate Reading narrating. The two of them are great, and they’ve managed to hold my interest in the series for many months.

The Gathering Storm, is the first book of the series written by Brandon Sanderson—based on extensive notes left by Robert Jordan. Sanderson holds true to the characters and storyline of the prior books but breathes new life into them. Rand, Matt, Perrin, Egwene and Nynaeve are growing up and starting to appear capable of fulfilling the roles the pattern has set for them. The Dragon Reborn, Rand al’Thor, has moved from the carefree youth to a darker and harder individual, willing to risk everything to fulfill his destiny. Egwene al’Vere is now a mature woman and clearly demonstrates her ability a strong leader. As the final battle nears, the action is finally picking up….I can’t wait to see what else the pattern has in store for them and to see how it all ends!