Bluebird

Bluebird

THE ANGEL'S GAME

The Angel's Game - Carlos Ruiz Zafón, Lucia Graves “The Shadow of The Wind” is one of my favorite books, so I was excited to read this one. Carlos Ruiz Zafon’s lyrical writing and beautiful descriptions are equally captivating in “The Angel’s Game” and I happily immersed myself in the story. Once again, Carlos Ruiz Zafon created a series of intriguing characters and events that made it hard to put the book down—at least for the first half of the book. As the story progressed and it became darker and bloodier, I became less enchanted. As much as I loved many of the supporting characters, I did not care much about the main character, David Martin. Additionally, I found the mystery and the mystical elements at the heart of this story far less compelling and enticing than Daniel’s story in the Shadow of the Wind.

However, I still gave this book a high rating because I found the writing style to be superb and many parts of the story of great interest. Overall, I’m glad I read this book and I look forward to reading “The Prisoner Of Heaven”.