Bluebird

Updated Reading Stats:

Pages Read: 465
Time Spend Reading: 7.25 hours
Currently Reading:  Interlude in Death - J.D. Robb
Books Finished: 2--The Dispatcher - John Scalzi,Zachary Quinto  and Midwives - Chris Bohjalian
Mini-challenges Completed: 0

_________________________________________

Hour 12

Mid Event Survey

1.  What are you reading right now?  Last Bus to Woodstock - Colin Dexter

2.  How many books have you read? finished one book, in the middle of two others

3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the readathon?

I'm hoping to finish both Last Bus to Woodstock and Midwives.  I'm planning to start Interlude in Death by JD Robb as my next audiobook

4. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with them?  Nothing unanticipated

5. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?  I'm surprised I've not participated in any of the mini challenges.

_________________________________________

Hour 9

I finished my first book of the readathon:

The Dispatcher - John Scalzi,Zachary Quinto

I've been wanting to read a John Scalzi book for some time but never got around to it.  You know:  too many books on the TBR pile, not enough time to read....

Well, I picked up this short story for free from audible not too long ago and thought it would be the perfect introduction to a new author.  And the bonus: Zachary Quinto of Star Trek is the reader.  He's wonderful and the story is a blend of two of my favorite genre: Science Fiction and Mystery.  It's a very short whodunnit set in a time when it's nearly impossible to be murdered.   I'll definitely read more from Scalzi--I love his world building and storytelling.  Based on a recommendation, I purchased Old Man's War - John Scalzi  just last weekend at the LA Times Book Festival.  That's what I call good timing!

Updated Reading Stats:

Pages Read:  221

Time Spend Reading: 3.25 hours

Currently Reading: Midwives - Chris Bohjalian
Books Finished: 1
Mini-challenges Completed: 0

________________________________________

Hour 5

I'm off to a slow start due to all the early morning chores: ate breakfast, etc.

However, I got some reading in via audiobook while on a morning walk.

Reading Stats:

Pages Read: 110

Currently Reading: The Dispatcher - John Scalzi,Zachary Quinto  on audio and Midwives - Chris Bohjalian  on my kindle

Books Finished: 0

Mini-challenges Completed:  0

________________________________________

It's readathon time again!  Yay.

Opening Meme:

1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
I'm in Southern California.

2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
I'm looking forward to finally finishing Midwives by Chris Bohjalian.  I started it months ago but set it aside with about 50% complete because I didn't have much time to read on my kindle (or paper).  Most of my reading lately has been via audio during my commute to work.

3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
Girl Scouts Thin Mint Cookies.  I have a box hiding in my freezer.  I anticipate eating the whole box today!

4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
I fell in love with books as soon as I learned to read. I'm a book hoarder and book reader.  While I love my kindle and books on audio, I can't part with traditional "dead tree" books.  Now if only they didn't take up so much space!  I've no room on my bookshelves, so everytime I get a new book, I have to part with an old one.  And that's very difficult for me to do !

5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?
This is my 5th read-a-thon.  I don't know if I'll do anything different.  Last year I had a good balance of reading, cheering and participating in challenges.  I recently signed on to Litsy, but don't think I've figured out how to post over there, so I will likely hang out a  bit at the Goodreads group.